A 404 error is an HTTP error code, which means that the content the user is trying to access is not available on the website’s server. Many times it happens to us that when we go to search for something on the internet, we are not able to reach that web address, and error 404 is written in front of us.
Have you ever wondered What is 404 Error and what does it mean? If so, then you have come to the right place, here you will find answers to all your questions.
A 404 error is also called a client error, which often appears when the content itself has been deleted or its URL has been changed. Sometimes 404 not found is also seen while using the Internet. If the same thing happens to you, then let us tell you that this is a fixable error, which can also be fixed.
|Google AdSense approve Kaise Kare Full Guide|
|Google AdSense Account Kaise Banaye Full Guide|
|Blog Par Traffic Kaise Badhaye Full Guide|
|Internal link Kya Hai?|
What is 404 Error ?
404 error is just a normal website error message which means that the page is not found and the URL link you are trying to open is either changing or the link you typed is wrong. . 404 Not Found message is mostly seen in all search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Why 404 Error is seen ?
- The first and main reason can be that that content or URL has been deleted.
- The second reason is that the URL is being typed incorrectly by the users.
- Even if the server of the website is down, you may still get a 404 error
- The fourth reason may be that the domain name or page you are doing does not actually exist.
How to fix 404 Error ?
There are many ways to fix 404 errors:-
Check the URL
Many times it happens that users type the wrong URL, after which they see this error. For this, you have to first check your URL whether you have entered the correct URL or not. If you have opened that website from the Direct URL link and even after that you are seeing this error, then it may be because that website or page does not exist.
Contact Website Owner
If even after doing all this, the 404 error is not removed, then you have to contact the owner of the website whose website or page you want to access. To contact, you have to go to the homepage of that website, there you will definitely get the Contact or EMail-ID of the owner of that website, with the help of which you can contact them.
Redirect the page
If you are a website owner and you are also facing this error then redirect your page. You can take the help of 301 Permanent to redirect the page. If your website is on WordPress then you can also use Redirection Plugin after which you will not see 404 errors.
If you are also seeing a 404 error, then for this you have to first reload your page. If you are a mobile user, then Refresh to reload the page and if you are a desktop user then you can easily reload the page by clicking.
Delete Your Browser’s Catches and Cookies
Many times it happens that when we open the URL link on our device, it shows a 404 error, but if we open it on any other device then it opens on that web page. If this happens to you too, then for this you have to first delete the Catches and Cookies from your device, after which this error will disappear by itself.
How to Fix 404 Error in WordPress?
404 Error is such an error that we get to see on many websites such as WordPress, Wix, or any other website. Below I have given you step-by-step information, on how to fix 404 errors in WordPress.
- First of all, on the Dashboard of your WordPress, you will see the option of ‘Plugins’ at the bottom left, click on it.
- Now you will see 3 options, out of that click on ‘Add New’.
- Now you have to search a plugin whose name is 404 to 301 which you will also see in the photo below,
- Now after downloading and installing this plugin, ‘Activate’
- After this it will automatically take the setting and all your 404 errors will be redirected. And later on, if this problem of yours becomes correct, then you uninstall it.
How many types of character Error 404 are to be seen?
- Error 404
- 404 page not found
- Https 404 not found
- 404 file directory not found
- 404 Error
And you can also fix this error with the help of some tools, such as:-
- Google Search Console
- Broken Link Checker
- Google Analytics
How to find out if there is 404 Error on the website?
How do we find out There are a variety of Paid and Free Tools available to find out if our website has HTTP 404 or not.
Below I have given you complete information about it step-by-step.
1. First of all, go to Google and search by typing ‘404 Error Checker’ in the search box.
2. Now the link to the Top 10 Websites will come in front of you. After this, you have to open it by “clicking” on the given link first.
3. Now you will see the option ‘Enter your URL below’, enter the domain URL of your website in the box below.
4. After entering the domain URL, you will see the option of “Find Broken Links”, click on it.
5. Now you will be asked to ‘Solve Captcha’, after solving it click on ‘Find Broken Links now’.
6. Now ‘Status Completed’ will be written on your screen and you will get to know how many 404 errors are there on your website.